Emergencies related to severe weather or a health crisis can result in an increased number of students working remotely. The Keep Working site provides links to the technology-related resources that can assist students to continue their work no matter where they are located for the remainder of the Spring semester.
Find more on:
For immediate technical assistance:
Sakai and Zoom help
You can also access the self-service help documentation for Zoom at https://oit.duke.edu/help/articles/zoom-meetings-getting-started and for Sakai at https://sakai-duke.screenstepslive.com/s/sakai support.
The ARC (Academic Resource Center) has a helpful intro to Zoom.
School-specific IT organizations
For technical information or support we encourage you to contact your school’s IT leadership.
- Trinity College of Arts & Sciences Office of Technology Services
- Pratt IT Services (Pratt School of Engineering); COVID-19 Information for the Pratt Community
- Duke Divinity School Information Technology
- Duke Law School Academic Technologies
- Duke School of Nursing
- Fuqua School Of Business IT; Fuqua’s COVID-19 Response page
- Medical Education Information Technology (Duke School of Medicine)
- Nicholas School of the Environment Information Technology
- Sanford IT (Sanford School of Public Policy)